Thursday, April 9, 2009

World Market

India fascinates me. Actually, the whole world fascinates me. I enjoy learning about different parts of the world, especially the East. My wardrobe is doused with that culture. I have Ali Baba pants from Malaysia, scarves from India, bracelets from Singapore, sandals from Sri Lanka.

For those with similar interests, may I introduce one lucky find. The World Market. I discovered this wonderful shop in Santa Barbara, Calif.

Their Web site explains: "We bring the beauty and excitement of global bazaars to you. Our selection is always changing, and, like favorite mementos from your life, each item has a story worth sharing. From Balinese baskets, pottery from Portugal and collectibles from Africa to scrolled artwork inspired by Spanish artifacts - each store is a treasure trove."

Indeed, this store has nooks and crannies filled with exotic treasures. My siblings can attest: I could stay there all day. So I thought I would pass on one of my "healthy" addictions to culture and surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment