Monday, May 21, 2012

Rebounding: A Little Everyday

Hello!

I am so excited to get this started again. My motivation for writing has been building up over the last couple of months. I started a ladies group called Swimsuit Sorority, which helps women make goals and offer a fun support system for achieving those goals. We talked about meditation, nutrition, cooking, fashion, and more. This blog will hopefully keep us all on track as we work toward more fulfilling lives.

The main purpose for starting this blog again is a little place called EUROPE! I've been dreaming of travelling all over that distant continent for years--and this fall, I am making the trip across the big blue pond. So, this blog is my accountability and motivation as I make my preparations. Today's post will highlight the workout routine that I'd adapted over the last few months--and it works!

The following is information found on http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk

REBOUNDING

"It’s fun, it’s easy, and it’s safe for almost anybody of any age. It’s quoted by NASA as “the most efficient and effective exercise yet devised by man.”

"What Is Rebounding? Put simply – bouncing on a mini trampoline. Unlike regular trampolining, the aim isn’t to bounce high or perform gymnastic tricks, but to perform a series of small, controlled movements. A zero-impact exercise, rebounding provides many benefits for you and your body:

Improves circulation
Increases the capacity of heart and lungs
Lowers cholesterol levels
Improves co-ordination and balance
Reduces stress and tension
Improves muscle tone (particularly legs, thighs, hips, abdomen and arms)
Increases energy and vitality
Boosts the lymphatic and immune system
Fits in with your lifestyle
AND IS GREAT FUN!

"Plus, unlike many other aerobic activities, rebounding places no strain on the joints of your body."


Let me explain how I do it--without a trampoline. I don't really have space for a small trampoline, plus I didn't want to spend $80 on one if I didn't really need it. I was taught this routine by my good friend, Arianne. She is the picture of health with toned muscles and beautiful skin and hair. I figured if she looked that great and rebounds every day--I should too!

I start by standing on a yoga mat with a wide stance. Then I turn on some upbeat music and start bouncing. Arianne and I call it the "shake and bounce." We simply bounce up and down as if we were on a trampoline. We loosen up our shoulders, neck, arms, and hands--and simply bounce. I rebound for three songs or 10-15 minutes.

Here is a quick 2-minute video that breaks it down really well. If you can access a trampoline--that is most likely the best way to go. But the yoga mat option works for me. :) Enjoy the video.

By the time I'm done, my body is tingling with energy and I feel 100% ready to tackle the day. Rebounding is something you do everyday to slowly work toward better health and fitness. You won't be tired, sore, or sweaty (sounds pretty ideal to me). But daily commitment is a must.

Good luck, let me know what rebounding does for you. I look forward to your comments and participation.

3 comments:

  1. Rebounding on a trampolne seems easily but everyone should learn safety rules before starting
    Trampoline Safety Guides

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video isn't showing. By that, I mean there is a black box where it appears the video should be and that is all.

    Thank you for the information, though.

    ReplyDelete